In the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP), teachers organize their curriculum into six units of inquiry with broad titles. One of them is designated as the “Who We Are” unit, and it’s always a pleasure to watch my students investigate the central idea within this framework. A powerful resource to help provoke their thinking is a photo series by Tom Hussey called, “Reflections” (see his site for more).
- What does reflection look like for you?
- How does reflection help us figure out who we are?
- How does looking back help us move forward?
- Why is reflection sometimes difficult for people?
- How does the process of reflection change for people over time?
- What causes people to become more interested in reflecting?
featured image: Shin-ichi Ueda