As with many other character traits, cooperation is one we clearly value, but how well do our students understand it? For them, is it just the absence of fighting? Or is it something more? This week’s provocation is meant to help students investigate it further for themselves.
Resource #1: What Is Sustainable Development? by World’s Largest Lesson (I plan to begin SDGs provocations after I finish the PYP ones!)
#2: Head Up by Film Bilder
#3: This Too Shall Pass Rube Goldberg Machine by OK Go
#4: Simon Senek on Intensity vs Consistency by The RSA
Resource #5: Flora & the Peacocks by Molly Idle
Resource #6: Officer Buckle & Gloria by Peggy Rathmann
- How does cooperation work?
- In what ways must we depend on each other in order to cooperate?
- Why is cooperation sometimes hard? How do we overcome obstacles?
- How do cooperation and sustainability connect?
- What is our responsibility to cooperate with one another as families? As communities? As a planet?
- How is creativity enhanced when we can cooperate?
- How is productivity enhanced when we cooperate?
- How is cooperation connected to relationships? To vulnerability & trust?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto