With as much wonder as a new city provides, you can bet that an inquiry into the concept of cities would lead into a rich discussion about culture, change, growth, community, and more. Check out these resources for a broad concept-based provocation to stir up your students’ thinking!
Resource #1: MOVE by Rick Mereki
Resource #3: Eighty Years of New York, Then & Now via The Kid Should See This
Resource #4: Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Pena
While you’re at it, check out these other picture books, too:
The Gardener by Sarah Stewart
& Home by Carson Ellis
- How are cities organized?
- How are cities different, even in the same country?
- What are the points of view on living in a big city (compared to living in the country)?
- Why are cities so busy?
- How are cities changing in the 21st century?
- What is our responsibility to take care of our cities?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto