I recently came across the following image from one of my favorite comics, The Awkward Yeti, by Nick Seluk:
The modes of communication have undergone such dramatic, exponential change in the past couple of decades that it makes sense that communication itself is also undergoing change. But even as language gets sometimes stripped away to basic emojis, it’s significant to examine the enduring principles of powerful word choice.
Resource #1: “The Power of Words”
Resource #2: “A Child Of Books” by Oliver Jeffers
Resource #3: Infographic by Grammar Check
- What makes words powerful?
- How does developing better word choice impact our lives? How does it impact our societies?
- How is vocabulary use changing in the 21st century?
- What is the relationship with words and language? How are they alike and how are they different?
- How does powerful word choice impact message people share with their audiences?
- How is powerful word choice relevant even as communication evolves?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto