The scholarship was founded in the 2012-2013 school year as a way to show Honors Graduation’s support for our future leaders. Browse the archives to see previous winners.
2016 Multimedia Scholarship
- Describe an experience of ownership over your learning and why it was meaningful.
- What is your opinion on how education affects the quality of life?
- Creative Writing: Rebekah Albach, accepted
- Music: Collin Anderson, accepted
- Video: Lucy Devin, accepted
- Art: Jane Shallcross, accepted
- Photography: Brooke Wright, accepted
- Rebekah will be attending Wellesley College
- Collin will be attending Brigham Young University
- Lucy will be attending the University of Colorado Boulder
- Jane will be attending Western Washington University
- Brooke will be attending Mesa Community College, Red Mountain Campus
$1,000 each toward college tuition
Rebekah’s creative writing piece: “Jipipapa”
Collin’s music piece: “Bold”
Lucy’s video: “The Box”
Jane’s art piece: “Ripples”
Brooke’s photography piece: “Engulfed”
2015 Multimedia Scholarship
What does it mean to be a contributing member of society?
- Art: Ashtyn Berry, accepted
- Music: Blake Bogenrief, accepted
- Video: Isiah Bowie, accepted
- Creative Writing: Diamond Patrick, accepted
- Photography: Moriah Yeh, accepted
- Ashtyn Berry will be attending the University of Utah
- Blake Bogenrief will be attending the University of Iowa
- Isiah Bowie will be attending the University of Kansas
- Diamond Patrick will be attending the University of St. Thomas
- Moriah Yeh will be attending Northwestern University
$1,000 for each
Ashtyn’s art piece:
Blake’s music piece (lyrics here):
Diamond’s creative writing piece:
2014 Essay Scholarship
- What is an important issues your field is facing today and how will you contribute to changing it?
- How will your desired occupation influence society, whether at an individual or global standpoint?
- What motivates you and how will you apply that to your college education and beyond?
- Christine Lee, accepted
- Anderson Vereyken, accepted
- Jamie Lagman, accepted
- Tory Rose Full, accepted
- Nakoma Ehrhart, accepted
- Christine will be attending University of Southern California
- Anderson will be attending U. C. Irvine
- Jamie will be attending U. C. Davis
- Tory will be attending U. C. Berkeley
- Nakoma will be attending University of Kentucky
$1,000 for each
2013 Essay Scholarship
What experience in school, but outside the classroom, changed your life or helped you learn a valuable lesson?
University of Utah
Where is he now?
“I am doing well and have had a successful year of school so far. I am incredibly grateful for the scholarship that I received from Honors Graduation. You say it is a fairly small scholarship in comparison to others, but in reality it has been a huge help for me. Last summer I worked hard to pay for this school year but still did not have enough to make it through the whole year. The scholarship I received from you gave me the money I needed to make it through this year debt free. It was enough to pay for both semesters of books and several class fees as well. That was a great help!
I am still attending Utah State University. My major is Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in aerospace. Currently, I am a sophomore and plan to graduate in May of 2016. This major is very demanding on a students time and having the help of this scholarship gave me the chance to focus more on my studies than on working. I wouldn’t be able to get nearly as good of grades if I was spending more time working.
Once again, I really appreciate the opportunity to receive this scholarship. It has been a great help in my education.”
Featured image: Deathtothestockphoto