This week’s provocation centers around getting students to reflect on change and innovation.
Resource #1: “The Evolution of the Desk” from BestReviews (see original here)
Resource #2: Did You Know 3.0 by VideoShredHead
- What do you think the desk in the first video will look like in 5 more years? 50 more years? (See one educator’s predictions of 21 things that will be obsolete by 2020)
- How does society change as people’s resources change?
- How do people’s individual lives change as their resources change?
- Why are we sometimes reluctant to accept change? What are the consequences (positive? negative?) of accepting change quickly/slowly?
- How does #edtech impact learning?
- How has preparation for the future changed since our parents/grandparents were growing up? How do we prepare for such an unknown future now?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto