This is a series of provocations designed to provide resources for students to inquire into the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs. For more, click here.
Recently, Ms. Hilaa’s Fabulous4thGraders in Pakistan introduced me to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in the form of some truly fabulous Google Form questions.
— Fabulous4thGraders (@MsHilaasGr4) May 10, 2017
I’m not sure how I missed the roll-out of the SDGs, but now that I’m aware, I can’t stop thinking about them and their implications for our students!
So this week’s provocation centers around helping students consider the creative ways people around the world are addressing these issues.
Resource #1: Bringing the SDGs to life video
Resource #2: Ted Ed Video/Lesson
For the Ted-Ed lesson, click here!
Resource #3: Embrace Cocoon Innovation
For the TED-Talk that introduced the Embrace and its background, click here.
- What is the relationship between sustainable development and innovation?
- What is our responsibility to encourage sustainable development as individuals? As societies?
- Why is sustainable development important?
- What are the different perspectives on sustainable development? Why do those different perspectives exist?
- How does sustainable development impact people’s individual daily lives?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto