This is a series of provocations designed to provide resources for students to inquire into the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs. For more, click here.
Finally! I made a plan over a year ago that once I finished my series of provocations on each of the PYP essential elements (and then a brief series of provocations on learner identities), I would begin a series of provocations for each of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. At last that day has arrived. The SDG’s are part of the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. We are working to be part of that plan by providing resources to help students think about their own contributions, both now and in the future.
Partnerships of the Goals is one of the SDG’s themselves. It:
“seeks to strengthen global partnerships to support and achieve the ambitious targets of the 2030 Agenda, bringing together national governments, the international community, civil society, the private sector and other actors.” (source)
Below are resources to help students inquire into what this goal means and how they might apply it themselves.
Resource #1: Further Up Yonder by Giacomo Sardelli (I recommend using subtitles)
Resource #2: Amazonia Security Agenda by Moth
Resource #3: Flying Rhinos by Green Renaissance
Resource #4: Where Do We Go From Here? by RSA
Resource #5: A Declaration of Interdependence by Tiffany Shlain & Let It Ripple Film Studio
Resource #6: Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
- What is a partnership like?
- Why do good partnerships matter? For ourselves? For our communities? For our world?
- What is our responsibility to work together?
- What are the different perspectives on partnerships, and how do they sometimes create barriers in our ability to make partnerships?
- What is the connection between global citizenship and partnerships for the SDGs?
featured image: DeathToTheStockPhoto